Mentoring is about helping people to develop more effectively than without any intervention.
Mentoring helps to build or rebuild confidence in another person so that after the formal mentorship programme ends, they gain the ability to continue and control their personal and professional development.
Our Intermediate Mentoring Course is for those who have already completed our Quick Start Mentoring Course and wish to build upon their foundation knowledge and understanding.
Our Intermediate Mentoring Course is free for Doncaster LMC members.
The online course should take around 9 hours to complete. Once started, you will have 10 weeks in which to finish it.
Upon completion, a confirmatory email will be sent to your registered email address.
1) The purpose of coaching and mentoring within an organisational context
2) The knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective coach or mentor
- The knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective coach or mentor
- The communication skills required by an effective coach or mentor
- The responsibilities of the coach or mentor in managing relationships effectively
- Review of an effective coaching or mentoring model
- The importance of reflective practice and supervision
3) The importance of effective contracting and management of the coaching or mentoring process
4) Undertaking and recording effective coaching or mentoring
6) Developing a plan for professional development in coaching or mentoring